White Sands Missile Range provides Army, Navy, Air Force, DoD, and other customers with high quality services for experimentation, test, research, assessment, development, and training in support of the Nation at war.
- It is our goal to become the leading live and virtual range facility for component, integration, and Joint system of system efforts in support of wartime efforts and transformation.
- We will provide the best, most innovative, flexible services to our customer and the most desirable place to live and work.
- We will aggressively expand our customer base of traditional and nontraditional DoD, other Government agencies, foreign military, and commercial programs.
- We will become renowned for excellence as a solutions based organization as well as a capabilities based provider.
- By harnessing the combined power of all members of the diverse WSMR Team and regional partners, White Sands Missile Range will become a unique force with unlimited potential.
In addition to the Army´s core values of loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service, honor, integrity, and personal courage in the team´s leadership philosophy, we will emphasize customer service, teamwork and stewardship.
The White Sands Missile Range Strategic Plan – Creating the White Sands of 2015 attempts to lay out some planning priorities and an azimuth for supporting the changes to the Joint Force. It does not lay out how to meet these requirements but instead plots a common direction. As the sub-title implies, it does not look far out into the future, but like any azimuth, will be checked frequently and adjustments made as needs dictate.
White Sands Missile Range 2015 Strategic Plan.pdf