COMMANDER'S SAFETY POLICY
1. Our mission at White Sands Missile Range (WSMR) is to provide outstanding safety and health protection to our military, civilian employees, contractors and visitors through solid management systems and employee involvement. Awareness and close attention to safety and health matters must always be foremost in our minds and demonstrated by our actions. It is also essential to the accomplishment of our mission and the health and well being of our community. Safety can only be accomplished when fully embraced by all.
2. Army leadership at all levels are committed to the safety of our people and protection of our assets. Each one of us is a Safety Officer and I expect every activity to be carried out, keeping safety paramount in planning and execution.
3. I expect our leaders to promote safety in every activity. I expect that a complete composite risk assessment of each activity is performed and potential hazards are identified and mitigated. If hazards cannot be mitigated to acceptable levels of risk, we must focus on alternatives that will allow us to complete our tasks.
4. The preservation of lives and well-being of our military and civilians are absolutely essential. I challenge every member of Team WSMR to develop a safety culture on-duty and at home with family. Operate privately owned vehicles/motorcycles safely, wear seat belts and personal protection equipment, operate home appliances and equipment according to manufacturer’s specifications, and consider risks associated with leisure and sporting activities. Instill this safety culture within your families. You are our most valuable asset.
5. This policy will be disseminated to all employees and a copy posted on all official bulletin boards.
6. This memorandum supersedes memorandum, subject: Policy Letter #12: Safety Policy, 26 Sep 11.
Brigadier General, USA