REFERENCE: AR 600-8-1 , Chapters 1-6
Fort Bliss , TX, services the entire Southwest Region for casualty assistance.
FORT BLISS STANDARDS:
- 100% of casualty cases accurately reported and processed with no complaints.
- Assemble, brief and dispatch notification team within 2 hours of notification of Active Duty death. When necessary, coordinate with other Army agencies (i.e., USAR, ARNG, ROTC, etc.,) to make notification in distant locations in our Casualty Area Command.
- Provide a Casualty Assistance Officer (CAO) for all required casualty cases.
- Commanders must provide AG Casualty Section timely information concerning casualty matters when requested.
- Commanders must provide notification officer/NCO within 1 hour of notice. Chaplain Office provides chaplain within 1 hour of notice.
- Commanders must provide a CAO within 2 hours of notice.
- AG receives notification of casualty, obtains information, and prepares casualty report for submission to HRC.
- When notification to Next of Kin is required, AG immediately contacts commanders and Chaplain Office to provide members for notification team.
- Team is briefed by AG Casualty personnel and dispatched to make notification.
- HRC is advised when notification is completed.
- Upon notification of a CAO requirement, AG contacts MSC in tasking cycle for a CAO.
- AG appoints, briefs and dispatches CAO for duty.
WEBSITE CONNECTIONS: https://www.hrc.army.mil/site/Active/TAGD/CMAOC/cmaoc.htm