Meritorious Service Medal/Legion Of Merit
REFERENCE: AR 600-8-22, Chapter 3
- 100% of MSM processed within 10 days of receipt.
- 100% of LOM processed and forwarded to higher HQ within 10 days of receipt.
- Commanders submit 100% of award recommendations to AG within the following timelines:
- MSM: 90 days prior to desired presentation date.
- LOM: 120 days prior to desired presentation date.
- Higher Awards to Human Resources Command (HRC): 180 days prior to desired presentation date.
- Recommendations for MSMs and LOMs (hard copy) will be forwarded through the chain of command to the AG.
- AG forwards MSM via hardcopy to CG for decision.LOM are forwarded to the CG via hardcopy for his recommendation for approval, disapproval, or downgrade prior to forwarding to next higher headquarters.
- Awards are forwarded back to AG in hard copy.
WEBSITE CONNECTIONS: https://www.hrc.army.mil/site/Active/TAGD/awards/index.htm – Army Awards