Transportation Office, Bldg 1838, Rm 14:
- Upon your arrival, you must contact the Transportation Office (575) 678-3202.
- Upon the arrival of your shipment, the Transportation Office will contact you for a delivery date.
- You must ensure the following items are met on your delivery date: a. You must be available between 0800 and 1700 on the day of delivery or you may be responsible for attempted delivery charges. If you cannot be available, you should appoint an agent (in writing) to act on your behalf.
- Sidewalks and stairs must be free of ice, snow and animal waste. You must keep all PETS locked up during delivery.
- You must be ready for delivery and know where you want items in each room; the carrier is only required to place items once. All items disassembled by the carrier at origin will be reassembled by the carrier at destination. If you request a complete unpack, the contractor will remove everything from the cartons and even place items in closets and cupboards if you desire; however, they are not required to organize things for you. If unpacking service is waived, then you will be responsible for disposing of your boxes. If there are firearms in your shipment you must verify that all firearms are accounted for by make, model, and serial number prior to carrier’s departure. If your shipment is being delivered from Storage in Transit (SIT) you may request information from the transportation office on the afternoon prior to delivery as to whether delivery will be a morning or afternoon delivery.
- Ensure that pets are restrained and that small children are at day care or closely monitored by a responsible adult.
- Any items requiring special services or 3rd party reassembly must be approved by transportation prior to the service being done.
- Any vandalism or poor quality service should be immediately reported to the Quality Control Officer in the Transportation office.
- The carrier will bring the following documents with him at the time of delivery:
- DD Form 619-1: They will ask you to sign this form to verify long carries, stair carries, and other accessorial services. Please do not sign a blank form. If you are in doubt please contact transportation prior to signing a form.
- DD Form 1840: This form is a joint statement of loss and damage. The carrier will bring 5 copies with carbon. The carrier will annotate any loss or visible damage they see prior to departure from residence. If no apparent damage is seen make sure the word “none” is written in block 13c of the form prior to signing. The carrier will leave you 3 copies with carbons. You have 70 days from the date of delivery to record all additional loss/damage you find on the DD Form 1840r (back of DD Form 1840). You then turn the completed forms into the JAG Claims Office in Bldg 124.
- You are authorized 90 days Storage in Transit (SIT) and IN WRITING you can apply for a 2nd 90-day period of Storage In Transit (SIT).
- Self Procured Move (DITY)
- Self Procured Move/Do It yourself Move (DITY) requires the following:
- ___ 2 Copies of orders with endorsements or amendments
- ___ 1 Original and copy of the DD 2278
- ___ 1 Voucher for advance operating allowance
- ___ 2 Copies (Original and 1 Copy) of certified empty weight ticket with name, SSN, signature of weight master
- ___ 2 Copies (Original and 1 Copy) of certified loaded weight ticket with name, SSN, signature of weight master
- ___ Original and copy of the DD 1351-2 with address, dates and member’s signature and phone number
- ___ Copies of fuel, oil and toll receipts
- ___ 1 Copy of rental contract
- ___ 1 Copy of moving equipment receipt
- ___ 2 Copies of registration(s) for POV(s), boat(s), or trailer(s), if applicable
- This checklist will be provided during your briefing, which must be turned in with the final paperwork to Finance.
- Upon completion of the DITY move, have your Transportation Office review the document and submit your packet IAW the appropriate guidelines for the installation.