TRAC at White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico (TRAC-WSMR) conducts a wide variety of analyses for TRADOC and HQDA, and DoD agencies, including military system Program Managers and the Army Test and Evaluation Command (ATEC). TRAC-WSMR is responsible for highly resolved analysis of brigade and battalion operations, life cycle costs of new equipment, and training effectiveness. TRAC-WSMR develops, maintains, verifies and validates, and exports a suite of combat models and simulations to support analyses of battlefield functional areas and weapon systems, and stimulation of field exercises, experiments, and training; and operational testing of new equipment under development.
Key capabilities at WSMR:
- Serve as the Army lead for FCS and Strategic Choices analysis.
- Provide direct analytic support to Future Force Integration Directorate.
- Sole Army agency charged with the conduct of Brigade and below operational analyses.
- Army developer and maintainer for Army's single approved analytic combined arms combat simulation.
- Extends test outcomes through Model-Test-Model paradigm that enables assessments across a wider set of METT-TC conditions.